FRIENDS OF RCMA
To ensure that the quality of our programs and facility are maintained, donations, endowments and planned giving to the RCMA go directly to our student body, facility maintenance and our scholarship and bursary program.
If you seek an organization in which your contribution will affect the future of young women or men in a positive manner, then RCMA is the place to make a donation. RCMA accepts donations such as:
- One-Time - Donation made by cash, cheque or credit card to: R. C. M. Academy.
- Pledge - Donation that have a particular start and end date and a fixed amount determined by the donor. It is usually made by credit card.
- Monthly Gift - This is an automatic debit from donors chequing account or charge to donors credit card each month. Monthly giving can be discontinued at any time with notification.
- Gift in Kind - Donors may make a gift of a tangible property to RCMA found on our "Wish List". These gifts must be pre-arranged with the academic department to ensure the gift may be used in the school or has not already been donated. With the appropriate appraisals, donors may receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of their gift-in-kind.
- Annual Giving - Annual gifts may be unrestricted gifts which the school puts to use right away, or gifts to the RCMA Endowment. All annual gifts support a variety of activities at the school and help defray a portion of annual expenses not covered by tuition revenues.
- Endowment Giving - As the RCMA Endowment grows it will ensure that future dreams are achievable and that the school remains a leader in perpetuity. Like other independent schools, RCMA faces significant fixed costs, and the endowment is also crucial in insulating the school against unforeseen economic downturns and enhancing academic excellence.
- Restricted Gifts - A restricted gift is a donation that is directed to a special purpose or project such a our scholarship and bursary program.
- Planned Giving -
is one of the strategies listed below that help a donor to structure a gift that fits their personal and
financial goals, while maximizing their available tax benefits. Though the donation is committed to the RCMA
while the donor is living, it is not realized until the future.
Donors who choose to make a planned gift to the RCMA will be acknowledged through our "Future Dreams Program". This program allows the RCMA the opportunity to extend its gratitude to individuals who notify us of their thoughtful gift intentions while they are living and allows us to move forward with confidence that there will be a future base of support to ensure the school continues it's leadership in educational excellence.
Type of Planned Giving:
One of the most common and easiest ways to provide a lasting legacy is for a donor to include a bequest provision in their Will. Bequests allow the most flexibility and security should the donors personal circumstances or plans change.
Type of Bequests:
- Residual - provides a share of the remainder of your estate after your heirs have been provided for
- Outright - funded with specified assets such as cash, securities, real estate or personal property
- Contingent - distributes property only if you outlive your heirs
- Testamentary Trusts - provides one or more heirs with income for life, after which the assets are transferred to R.C.M. Academy, The Military Academy of Canada
- Gifts of Life Insurance
One of the most convenient ways to make a planned gift is to name The R. C. M. Academy Foundation as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy that may no longer be needed to protect you and your family. A gift of life insurance can provide a significant benefit to RCMA in the future, at a modest cost to you today.
- Endowment - Leaving a Lasting Legacy
Some donors may choose to designate a planned gifts to the R. C. M. Academy Endowment, or they may request to name an endowment themselves with a gift of $25,000 or more to the academy. An endowment gifts support the mission and vision of the academy into the future and the capital amount is invested and only a percentage of the income is spent, thereby providing a lasting legacy.
If you wish to make a planned gift contribution to the Royal Canadian Military Academy (RCMA) please contact our Executive Officer of major and planned gifts.
- Online Donation, click the button below:
- Donation Form [PDF, 202KB]
- E-mail: charity(at)rcmacademy(dot)ca